вторник, 14 октября 2008 г.

berlin falling picture wall





the last day of the cinci international cx fest finished off yesterday. The c1 status attracted a few fresh guys like bjorn and danny summerhill. The heat was once again in full effect, 85+ degrees. While kristen was out rippin an 8th in a tough womens field, brian and i went out for an abbreviated warmup. We both felt the effects of the previous two days of racing, brian especially w/ the pileup on sat. Brian says "it's only an hour, it cant hurt that bad right?" I said "careful now". I think i was right. The course was a little different than last year, but not much. The start was now on pavement, into a pretty quick left hand, sweeping left then right onto a an off camber straight. I lined up behind tilly and tonkin, who i decided should now be called "diesel" rather than "caveman". It mostly clicked at the start for once this weekend as i followed tonkin into about 12th or so. I thought it a great start til i looked a bit ahead to see brian up in 3rd or 4th. I did my best to follow tonkin, dangling a bit. He made contact w/ the leaders before popping a little and i latched back on. Brian went down on a corner and dropped is chain. We went by and he dug in to latch on. Spent the remainder of the race w/ tonkin, brian, and adam mcgrath. Mcgrath went down with a few to go and it was the three of us battling for 9th. I was spent and did little work but tonkin nearly pulled us up to parbo. Brian dropped off with a quarter lap to go as tonkin and i battled it out and tried to catch parbo. I had no intention of pimping tonkin as he'd pulled me around most of the race, but he made sure there was no chance as he sprinted away from me on the stretch, nearly catching parbo. Ended up 10th on the day. Overall a good weekend. Learned some things and there is a ton of room for improvement. I nearly doubled my uci points and i should be sittin with about 50 now. That should get me a pretty solid callup at most races. Looks like a weekend of wedding planning and some good training before im back at it at the first of the usgp series in louisville. Thanks to all the support from bob and planet bike along w/ the other sponsors: oakley, twin six, ridley, and edge wheels. It makes a huge difference.




a time to kill chapter, berlin falling picture wall, berlin fall wall, berlin fall video wall, berlin fall rise wall, berlin fall picture wall.



Комментариев нет: